SGVP Yoga Centre is the only place where Iyengar Yoga is taught and practiced. Iyengar Yoga is a form of Hatha Yoga where focus is on the structural alignment of the physical body through the development of Asanas. It is characterized by great attention to detail and precise focus on body alignment. Iyengar pioneered the use of ‘props’ such as cushions, benches, blocks, straps and sand bags, which function as aids allowing beginners to experience asanas more easily and fully than might otherwise be possible without several years of practice. Props also allow elderly, injured, tired or ill students to enjoy the benefits of many asanas via fully ‘supported’ methods requiring less muscular effort. Unlike more experiential approaches where students are encouraged to independently find their way to the asanas by imitating the teacher, an Iyengar Yoga class is highly verbal and precise, with misalignments and errors actively corrected. Through the practice of a system of asanas, it aims to unite the body, mind and spirit for health and well-being. The discipline is considered by its practitioners to be a powerful tool to relieve the stresses of modern-day life, in turn helping to promote total physical and spiritual well-being.
- To understand the relationship between the soul and the Supreme lord.
- Almighty lord is the source of positive energy. To make efforts to connect with him through Yoga and Meditation.
- To constantly practice for the attainment of spiritual enlightenment.
- To make qualitative enhancement in conscious awareness.
- To treat all types of mental and physical disorders.
- To get rid of negative thoughts and develop a positive attitude.
BENEFITS OF YOGA AND SPIRITUAL HEALING
- Removes the negative thoughts and creates a positive outlook.
- Reduces stress & depression, and improves memory.
- Yoga helps in the treatment of joint pains especially in the neck, back, knee, etc.
- Helps controlling the blood sugar level which is not managed effectively by medicines.
- Yoga can control the problems like high blood pressure, increased fat deposits in body, headache (Migraine), and Asthma. It improves lung function and also helps in eliminating the toxins from the body.