ACCESSIBILITY AND AVAILABILITY
- To follow the treatment plan advised by your care provider.
- To provide contact details of at least one relative who can
be approached in case of emergency.
- Ask the doctor or nurse what to expect regarding pain and pain management.
- Discuss pain relief options with the doctors and nurses.
- Work with the doctor and nurse to develop a pain management plan.
- Inform when pain first begins.
- Help the doctor and nurse assess the pain.
- Tell the doctor or nurse if the pain is not relieved.
- Tell the doctor or nurse about any worries regarding taking pain medication.
- To provide accurate and complete information about your present medical condition including any past illnesses, hospitalization, medications and other relevant details in order to receive appropriate and safe medical treatment.
- To provide correct demographic and general information.
- To give correct details regarding any past illnesses.
- To provide information about any known allergy.
- To give honest update on health status during course of treatment.
CONCERNS AND FEEDBACK
- To provide your valuable feedback and suggestions.
INVOLVEMENT IN DECISION MAKING
- To understand that any discontinuation in treatment advised by your care provider or leaving against medical advice would be at your own risk.
RESPECT, DIGNITY AND CONSIDERATION
- To behave in a polite and respectful manner to other patients, hospital staff and doctors.
PERSONAL AND INFORMATION
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- To understand that though the confidentiality of records will be maintained, authorized statutory bodies, insurance companies or your payer would be allowed to view your records.
- To provide TPA/Insurance details at the time of admission.
- To know day to day billing and to make timely payments.
- To make deposit as per hospital policy.
- To take care of your valuables and belongings.
- Not to damage hospital property and to comply with hospital policies (e.g. no smoking, no tobacco chewing, no spitting, maintaining silence etc.)
- To report whether you clearly understand the instructions given by your care provider.
- To ask for additional information or clarification if you do not understand any instructions.